Part of the Benedictine Women’s Monastery, the project was carried out in 1695 by the architect Francesco Fontana. The only church in the city with a Greek cross plant, in the inside it is possible to admire three altarpieces: the Virgin surrounded by St. Scholastica, St. Benedict, St. Sylvester and St. Margaret; the Crucifixion of Saint Andrew the Apostle; the Apparition of the Virgin to Saint John the Evangelist and to Saint Joseph Calasanzio, painted in 1903 by Antonino Calcagnadoro.

Of particular value the eighteenth-century organ placed on the entrance door. Lately, the church has been granted through a free loan for use to the Fondazione Varrone for a multi-purpose Auditorium.