The earliest concrete proof of the existence of Porta Conca dates back to 1349. In the external part it shows the coat of arms of the bishop of Rieti Angelo Capranica, who in 1456 financed the reconstruction of the door itself. The news of some maintenance works of 1495 reveals that, at that time, the door was also equipped with a levatory bridge. The wooden door, still on site, dates back to the sixteenth century (as reported by an inscription on the door itself).