Is the seat of the Prefecture since 1927, when Rieti was designated as the provincial capital. It was declared national monument as early as 1902.
In 1589 Marco Antonio Vincentini bought the ancient house, also known as tower of the Poianis, lords of Piediluco, entrusting the Lombard architect Giovan Domenico Bianchi with the project of the new building.
The works for the building of the new palace, characterized by the airy Vignola’s style loggia overlooking the Italian-style hanging garden, ended in 1624.
The noble floor hosts the majestic Feast Hall, decorated by Vincenzo Manenti during the fourth decade of the XVII century with refined images taken from the mythological and epic tradition.
The gardens, open to the public, from which one can enjoy a suggestive view, have recently been reorganized thanks to the support of the Fondazione Varrone.