The monument dedicated to St. Francis, commissioned by the Venerable Monsignor Massimo Rinaldi for the anniversary of the seventh centenary from the birth of the saint, it is a work by the local sculptor Cristo Giordano Nicoletti.

It was solemnly inaugurated on November 25, 1927. The original base of the statue, recently dismantled and rebuilt during the redevelopment works of the historic centre, was made up of a block of stone extracted from the rocky walls of Mount Lacerone on which stands the sanctuary of Greccio, while the four adjacent boulders are from the Franciscan places of the Valle Santa.